Firm owner David J. Cohen and attorneys Cherie R. Wallace and Marjorie A. Sheldon, have recently been approved to serve on the Alameda County Criminal Attorney Appointed Panel.
Office manager Danielle R. Bajwa will be speaking at UC Berkeley in a Legal Fields Panel sponsored by the pre-law fraternity, Phi Alpha Delta.
BACL is pleased to announce the opening of a new office branch located in Dublin, CA in addition to its existing San Francisco location. With the expansion of Bay Area Criminal Lawyers, PC, our team of dedicated staff and attorneys can better serve the needs of our Bay Area clients.
Joining the team at BACL are two new team members: Associate Attorney Marjorie A. Sheldon and Legal Assistant Angel E. Danyus.
BACL would like to welcome our new law clerk James Ryan to the team.
Associate Michael J. Pellegrini, Esq. received a favorable outcome in a case involving multiple felony charges, including sex offenses and forcible rape, from a 30 year exposure to 4 and a half months and non 290 registration
Senior associate Cherie R. Wallace, Esq. is in the midst of trial preparation in a serious felony sex case in Contra Costa County.
The BACL team has been recently retained in a federal drug trafficking case in the Northern District Court of California, as well as a second degree involuntary manslaughter case in Solano County
The California State Bar has recently appointed firm owner David J. Cohen to its Criminal Law Advisory Commission
Bay Area Criminal Lawyers, PC is proud to announce that our long time client received probation yesterday in the unfair prosecution of involuntary manslaughter brought by the District Attorney of Contra Costa County relating to allegations that he was responsible for the dog mauling death of his two year old step-grandson. He is also free on bail pending appeal being handled by our firm.
Bay Area Criminal Lawyers, PC won a major victory in the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeals in the case of United States v. Liu. In a unanimous 32-page decision authored by Judge Jacqueline Nguyen
The Ninth Circuit reversed a state court conviction where a prosecutor failed to disclose exculpatory evidence, and the court held that the California Court of Appeal's decision to the contrary was an unreasonable application of Brady v. Maryland. Aguilar v. Woodford, 2013 U.S. App. LEXIS 15395
Bay Area Criminal Lawyers announced that they are working on a two-day Preliminary Hearing for a case involving a high profile possible Life sentence of a Kidnapping/Armed Robbery case.
Bay Area Criminal Lawyers filed a Motion to Dismiss due to DA's destruction of the urine sample in a Sacramento DUI case.
A surrender date in a DUI case in Trinity County was successfully postponed after Bay Area Criminal Lawyers was retained to investigate issues surrounding an earlier unrepresented plea.
- BACL was retained to file State and Federal Petitions for Writ of Habeas Corpus in a case in which the client was sentenced to 59 years to life at 85%.
- BACL was retained in a Federal Vandalism case taking place on federal Land
- BACL was retained in a Federal Child Pornography case
- BACL was retained in a DUI Case in Marin County
- BACL announced that they are working on a two-day Preliminary Hearing for a case involving a high profile possible Life sentence of a Kidnapping/Armed Robbery case
- BACL are currently working on a Complex 995 motion filed in a Large White Collar Fraud/Tax case
- BACL succeeded in convincing the Court to order the Attorney General to respond to our motion to reinstate the Appellate Rights of Client Who is Facing a 25 Year Sentence
- BACL filed a Motion for a New Trial in a Federal Receiving Stolen Property Case
- BACL filed a motion to Set Aside/Expunge a conviction
- BACL handled an arraignment in a 54-count Federal Tax and Structuring case. Client was released on recognizance.
- Bay Area Criminal Lawyers are working on an Involuntary Manslaughter and Child Abuse trial, set to commence in Contra Costa County
If you or someone you care about are facing criminal charges and need a lawyer in the Bay Area, our San Francisco based attorneys are available to take your call 24/7 at 415-398-3900, or fill out the contact form to the right to receive a fast response.
Learn more about our firm and practice areas.